Author Thread: RESPECT
Admin

RESPECT
Posted : 28 Aug, 2012 10:08 AM

You can't respect a person who does not respect him/herself or You. Respect is earned, respect is like a reward for your conduct and behavior, and is not given to a person who does not deserve such respect.

Love is not earned, but is freely given to all people, because God freely loved and gave of His Son unconditionally... I can love you, but this does not mean I have to respect you.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 28 Aug, 2012 10:27 AM

You are so correct, ExceedingJoy!

INHIMALONEISTAND

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 28 Aug, 2012 02:10 PM

SO TRUE!!!:applause:

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 28 Aug, 2012 08:54 PM

I disagree.We respect people for many different reasons.We respect childrens innocens,we respect authority,we respect equality.Reguardless of how a person feals or treats themselves does not leave your exempt on your actions/reactions towards them!Not only are we to Love our neighbors(anyone who comes into our lives),we are to Love our enemies!LOve is respect!WE respect eachother by giving the Love we are commanded to give.

Should we not respect people who have been brought down by life and no longer love even themselves?What kind of disrespect is that for human life?That is selfish uncaring and evil!

Apostelle

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 29 Aug, 2012 05:37 AM

There are different kinds of respect, Mike. Just as there are different kinds of love. There is self-respect, respect you show you parents when you honor them, respect you show to children, etc. They are not the same thing. Just as there is the love of God, the love you show your parents, the love of your siblings, the love you show a spouse, the love of your own children. I love and respect my parents, but it is not the same love I show to my brother and sister.

Respect that is given is different than respect that is earned.

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 29 Aug, 2012 11:54 AM

Apostelle

You are Right.

Too often many think they know what is what but

they maybe wrong.

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 29 Aug, 2012 12:53 PM

Respect...is towards "Authority" and is found 34 times in 34 vs...here are a couple...

Isaiah 17:7 At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Now Honour which many get confused with Respect...

Honour...found in 146 times in 136 vs...here is a few...

Deu 5:16 � Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Mat 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

=0)...xo

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 29 Aug, 2012 08:10 PM

Call it whatever you will.I have friends that if you met you would think are scum,filthy and vile people.You would ,most likelly show them no respect,probably even smirk and look down at them.Maybe you'de have the patience to know one is a nam vet whoes won the bronze star.You'de be hard pressed to find anything worth respecting otherwise.But that fact alone for me allows me to overlook even the worst of times as his friend.

I have another friend who was seriously abused by his drunkard father his whole life.He is now a drunk chained to an ankle bracelet for dwi.You woulod look down on him as filth,and you know you would!But I know what filth and mire he swam out of in life and it's a miracle he's not in a grave!I respect him as a perfectly equal human!

I thank God I have the privilage to be Jesus to these guys!

If you take the time to know a person you can always find some redeaming quality within them that commands respect.

You would find it hard to respect me.You'de find me coarse and abrasive.Because you don't know me!

One of the biggest areas of error I see all over this site is so called Christians beating eachother over the head with what they percieve as truth.More and more I see in this day the words of my Lord..."Judgement beginds at the house of God"...

cold callouse remarks to fallow,many believed to be in Christs' name!

Apostelle

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 29 Aug, 2012 08:47 PM

Actually Mike, I doubt I would look down my nose at either of the two examples you mentioned.

My grandfather was a WW2 vet who drank and used language that would shock most people. My cousin was a Vietnam Vet who, after more than 30 years, still had that "thousand yard stare". Both of them saw more than most men would see in ten lifetimes. In both of their cases, they earned their respect, no only for serving their country, but also in the moral codes they lived by.

I will give you an example of what Im talking about. I have the utmost respect for the office of President of the US, but I have absolutely zero respect for the buffoon currently occupying the chair. Because he has done nothing to earn respect and he has done everything he can to lose what respect the office afforded him.

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 08:16 AM

Shared ~ Call it whatever you will.I have friends that if you met you would think are scum,filthy and vile people.You would ,most likelly show them no respect,probably even smirk and look down at them.Maybe you'de have the patience to know one is a nam vet whoes won the bronze star.You'de be hard pressed to find anything worth respecting otherwise.But that fact alone for me allows me to overlook even the worst of times as his friend.

*** Ummmm...I dont call it anything...it is God that calls it what it is...As for the comment about mmeting your friends...not that anyone here would give a hoot or a holler either way about who I call friends or walk amongst...Some of the Salt of the earth that have crossed my path on this journey with Yahshua Messiah~Christ Jesus came from life styles such as Alcoholics...Addicts...Liers...Beggers...Thieves...and some are Nam Vets...Today they are People of God...So don't be getin all in my face about what I would "Think" about your friends...it is about what I "Think"...it is about what God would have me to do...Bikers are people too and many have given thier "Lives" to Christ Jesus...xo

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 08:19 AM

Correction..."It ( ISNT ) about what I "think" ...its about what I do...Yall hava a God HolySpirit Filled day...xo

Page : 1 2 3