Author Thread: "ROLES: MEN & WOMEN"
Moichepit

View Profile
History
"ROLES: MEN & WOMEN"
Posted : 22 Aug, 2012 05:58 PM

I've been reading many posts here for the last few days and came up with the above title. Still till THIS day, there are many Christians who long for a God centered family, but often clash because of GENDER roles.

Today, many Christians believe women should enjoy all the same rights and privileges as men.

Other Christians, however, continue to advocate a secondary role for women based on Genesis 3:16 and other Bible passages.

Example:

1. "Women belong home, cooking, cleaning, raisin children!"

2. "If you know how to read, it it clear right here, 1Tim 2:11-15

- Let women learn quietly with all submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man-"

3. "It's ridiculous seeing a woman parade around in pants like a man, its like watching a clown."

4. " Well, Ephes 5:22-24 - submit to your own husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church-- that's why you have to do what I say."

6."Leave that work for your sister, you're a man. Act like it."

---------*sigh*---------*smh*---------

What about the women of God in today's society? PAULA WHITE, CECE WINANS, MARILYN HICKEY, KIM BURRELL,JOYCE MEYER,...etc.

Consider this:

-Jesus allowed women to travel with Him and His twelve disciples (Luke 8:1-3)

- Martha's sister, Mary, sat at Jesus' feet in the role of a disciple while Jesus taught her. Jesus suggested that Martha do the same (Luke 10:38-42).

-Mary Magdalene and other women were privileged to be the first to discover that Jesus had risen from the dead (Matthew 28:1-10,Mark 16:1-7; Luke 24:1-11).

- (Galatians 3:26-28) " You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

- (1 Corinthians 11:4-5) "Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head..."

(Ephesians 5:21-30) Husbands were to love their wives tenderly, not treat them as slaves: Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church,...Just as the church is subject to Christ, so also He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hates his own body, but he nourishes and tenderly cares for it, just as Christ does for the church, because we are members of his body.

Conclusion

God created both men and women in His own image and made them equal custodians of all His creation. But, because of their disobedience, God punished Adam and Eve and evicted them from the Garden of Eden. Eve's punishment was to suffer pain in childbirth and be ruled over by her husband.

Jesus broke with tradition and treated women in a much more egalitarian way than was normal in the society of that time. The early Christian churches followed Jesus' lead and gave women much higher status and more privileges than was common in the rest of the world.

Christians disagree over whether this principle should apply in the modern world. Is the man's authority over his wife and family a great spiritual principle decreed by God for all time, or is it just a reflection of the realities of Biblical-era culture?

**** My intent is not to insult anyone nor to start a war, but I do believe we should take this into consideration in finding a FITTING mate for us, STILL under the OBIDIENCE of God*****

God bless!!

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Aug, 2012 09:33 PM

Christ was the Son of God. He saw all of us the same. To Jesus, we are all children of God...and to God, there is no male and female as it pertains to our souls.

However, that does not alter the fact that the man is the head of the house. If it did, He would have specifically said so. If a wife is constantly at odds with her husband, the marriage will fail. A house divided can not stand. This is not to say that a wife is a slave. Far from it. She is a helper and a comfort to her husband and he is to be a provider and protector to her. He is to love her as he loves himself because it is hard to abuse or mistreat someone who is a part of you.

God loves all His creations. Just because Jesus treated women the same, does not change the Biblical structure of a family.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Aug, 2012 09:47 PM

I'de have to agree with Apostle.

The biggest problem today is that society has made the job of homemaking and primary child raising sound like a second hand choir!Raising children is th hardest and most rewarding job on earth!I've had a proffesional career for 32 years and at it's best it doesn't come close to the joy and peace I've experianced raising my 4 children the last 14 years.

The other part of that is the submission thing.In a women submiting to her husband,she is generating peace and unity to the family and promoting the best exaple of submision to athourity to her family in a loving healthy way.How could that ever be looked at as bad or second best?

Sure there are many instances of the roles of men as leader being abused,as in any and ALL roles of authority.It doesn'y meen the role is wrong,it's the failable person in the role that degrades the position.

Whats needed here is a renewal of the mind.Seak wisdom and you'll be at peace with these things!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Aug, 2012 10:04 PM

The females you mention are all proponents of the prosperity gospel which is not associated with the gospel of Christ. It makes sense then that you would get gender roles confused. Being different doesn't not mean someone must be inferior. Ignoring the word of God in the name of equality is not a road I would want to head down.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Aug, 2012 11:11 PM

Paula White divorced her husband and has had her name tossed around in several scandals. Is this really someone you think should lead?

CeCe Winans had the chance to spread the gospel to a dying world at the Whitney Houston funeral. Instead she did this....http://gnli.christianpost.com/video/cece-winans-dont-cry-for-me-whitney-houston-funeral-1323....I ask if this is someone who should lead?

I'd touch on the others but you get the trend...

Moichepit

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 12:32 AM

I appreciate every single one of you who respond to this post.

It is an on going battle that many women today is going thru (like my friends). It has always been an issue that has circulated my mind and never really understood the reason why this was a controversial issue.

I DO NOT doubt the fact than Men are the head of household because quite frankly, if my Lord says ' then so it be done. I wouldn't have it any other way. But as mentioned before, many do take some verses out of context to abuse and make women feel like inferior creatures.

The women that I mentioned were examples that friends had given me and did in fact research them (controversies included).

I would also like to note that they are not perfect women and only they know why some of their marriage failed. I would like to believe that they know how God feels about divorce.

I welcome more responses as I hope it will help clarify the many misconceptions of those who souround me and those out there who never dared to voice their concerns.

Blessings!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 12:44 AM

Yes people take verses out of context on every issue. People have taken verses out of context to promote the keeping of slaves. I'm not sure whether you are saying you or you friends researched the women, but they aren't fit to be teachers and certainly don't meet the qualifications of pastors. In some cases only the couple involved knows why the marriage ended. In other cases...there are scandals with other men/women....such as in the case of at least one of the women you posted. Regardless...there are promote the prosperity gospel which is a false teaching :(

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 12:52 AM

they all promote*

Moichepit

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 01:09 AM

I completely agree with you.

And yes, promoting prosperity instead of what's to come (in revelation).

Churches that don't confront the fact that hell does exist because they worry about upsetting people and their money walking out the door.

Yes, I do it for friends, for women who had been through it and refuses to go to church because of it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 11:48 AM

I agree with mikerides to a degree on this. however, I also have my own opinion. There are 613 commandments directed at men. How to lead and maintain community, families, relationship, holidays, and governments. they tell us how it all should be runned. The commandments you stated are what is a part of that and it's called the Torah or God's commandments.

Christians insist that "Jesus abolished the law" and that all one has to do today is to "believe in Jesus." Hardly anyone seems to realize that, what Yeshua attempted to "do away with" was not the Father's divine instructions, but the rabbinical, man-made "stuff" -- the carnal law. Even Paul verified this when he said: Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law. (Romans 3:31). You will find Yahweh's original commandments sprinkled throughout Torah in places like Genesis 26:2-5; Exodus 15:25-27, 16, 20:6; Leviticus 22, 26, 27; Numbers 15 and 36; and Deuteronomy 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31. God said His Torah would stand FOREVER (2 Chronicles 7:14-22), and that's why we are to do our best to try to discern His "do's" and "don't's" because they are all for good reason. Most Christians seem to think Torah was abolished, which is a major misunderstanding because Torah is God's blueprint for moral behavior! Why would that have been abolished on the cross?

Matthew 5: 17 Don't think that I have come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete. 18 Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away, not so much as a yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah -not until everything that must happen has happened. 19 So whoever disobeys the least of these mitzvot (words/commands) and teaches others to do so will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But whoever obeys them and so teaches will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness is far greater than that of the Torah-teachers and P'rushim, you will certainly not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Has everything happened that must happen? Have heaven and earth passed away yet? Yeshua even said He didn't come to abolish but to complete/fulfill. That did not mean "put an end to"...

Rev. 12:17 -"The dragon was infuriated over the woman and went off to fight the rest of her children, those who obey God's commands and bear witness to Yeshua."

Rev. 14:12 -"This is when perseverance is needed on the part of God's people, those who observe his commands and exercise Yeshua's faithfulness."

Some versions use "saint" as opposed to "God's people." But who exactly is a "saint"? Certainly not someone who refuses to be Torah observant! Without Torah we have no blueprint for moral, godly behavior (as is amply evident in our fallen world, including throughout the various churches.) Who are those who obey God's commandments? They are the Jews and Messianic believers. Who are those who hold to the testimony of Yeshua and remain faithful to Him? The Messianic Believers! Jews don't believe in Yeshua and Christians don't believe in being Torah observant; and therefore Christians don't adhere to the commandments/Torah -which include the keeping of the Seventh Day Sabbath and the seven feasts, and eating only "clean" foods. Both Jews and Christians are missing "the rest of the story"....

Which is exactly why verses like Jeremiah 4:22 and hosea 4 were written.

Jeremiah 4:22 "My people are foolish and do not know me," says the LORD. "They are stupid children who have no understanding. They are clever enough at doing wrong, but they have no idea how to do right!"

so, point being is you can't understand why you should submit because you don't have the complete picture. The point here is obedience to Yahweh regardless of how it makes you feel. But because the western world refuses to understand, just as it was stated in Hosea 4 to Israel that they would be enslaved to Babylon. The west will soon lose it's power because he is a fair God and the whole world will once again have their eyes on the new world power within the middle east. It will be a time of great sorrow and troubles. Then woman can truly say they are slaves because in some country woman aren't even allowed to drive or show their hair in public. but in the end Every knee and head will bow and every tongue will confess Yeshua is adonai and his rule or law is supreme. There is just two ways of learning that lesson of submission: by the hard way of force or by the easy way of free will.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 01:49 PM

how do you find time to be happy aside from trying to fulfill all of those commandments?Remember that Christ said even if you think as such it is sin!Christ died for all your sin!How much of that was in the future when He did it?ALL OF YOUR SIN!Si He either died for it ALL,or just some,and His ritious sacrifice was not final and He lied when He screamed out IT IS FINISHED!

Can I listen to you have that conversation with the Father?...

Well no God I didn't think Jesus excruciating unwarranted torture was enough,I thought I had to add to it for eating that extra cupcake!

Page : 1 2