Author Thread: Hatred
jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 02:45 AM

Who are we as Christians to judge anyone? Did God give us that power to judge someone because of the sin in their lives? All sin is the same, none worse than the other ( except the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit ). God can forgive all sin! Shouldn't we give homosexuals that chance instead of just condemning them to the fiery pits? They can repent just like any other sinners! I am fed up with this christian hatred of gays, instead of hating them we should be trying to save them, that's what Jesus would do if he were still on this earth today!

I realize this is a repost of mine, but I would like to elaborate.

I believe hatred to be a sin. Throughout the bible we are commanded to love. We are commanded to be Christ-like, would Christ hate someone for the sin they commit? He does hate sin, but he loves all of us! We have all fallen short to the glory of God. What then gives us the right to hate one another, we are all sinners, but through repentance we are redeemed! We are all given the same chance to turn away from sin, Jesus died for our sins, so that we could enter into heaven and have life everlasting. I pray that this opens someones understanding, in Jesus' name.

jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 02:52 AM

Comments? Anyone?

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 08:12 AM

It's far easier to hate others than try to understand them. But in the case of homosexuals, try to think of their orientation as you think of your own for heterosexuality. If being hetereosexual were the sin, could you easily give it up for a gay relationship? Probably not. So before condemning homosexuals for their equally hard-wired preference, consider your own.

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 11:37 AM

Jeff, don�t fall for the lie of the world. People are not �hard-wired� to be homosexuals, it is a choice. The world likes to say that it is genetic, but they do not have one single piece of evidence to prove it. Remember that God�s word is true, and Romans tells us the truth about those who are homosexual.

Romans 1:25-27 (NASB)

25 For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,

27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

They were not born with the desire, they chose it by rejecting the truth of God for the lie of this world. Jeff, do not make the same mistake as they have, the mistake of rejecting the truth of God and accepting the lie of this world.

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 01:01 PM

Jeff that was a very interesting Answer.lol

I liked yours too Cobbler, rerference to scripture is always good.

:applause:

jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 03:18 PM

Personally Jeff, I find it far easier to love others, I thank God for the Holy Spirit that lives in me, that allows me to love others. This world instills the hatred of others in us. I'm not of this world!

jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 03:20 PM

BTW I think you missed the point of my whole message, Jeff?

jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 03:44 PM

Cobbler I think you got it for sure. Is hatred a Sin? That was the question I was trying to bring up? Is it very Christ-like to hate? The definition of a christian is someone who strives to be Christ-like, but does that give us the right to hate? Christ hates sin, but not the sinner? Here is some scripture to support my original post.

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

1st Peter 1:18,19, "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold... But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot."

Luke 19:10, "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."

1 John 3:16, ""Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren."

Psalm 7:11 "God is angry with the wicked every day."

Romans 5:8,9 , "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him."

1 John 4:19, "We love him, because He first loved us."

Ezekiel 33:11, "Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel."

2 Peter 3:9, "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

1 John 2:2, "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world"

Isaiah 59:1, "Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God..."

Proof God hates sin!

Revelation 2:6, "But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate." Revelation 2:15, "So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate."

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 04:36 PM

Jehovajira, what do you mean by hatred of homosexuals? Hatred is certainly sin, but what many people these days call hatred towards homosexuals is really simply stating what the Bible says about homosexuality. If you say that homosexuality is a choice and that it is wrong, then you are said to be showing hatred towards homosexuals.

1 John 2:9 (NASB)

9 The one who says he is in the Light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now.

1 John 2:11 (NASB)

11 But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 3:15 (NASB)

15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

1 John 4:20 (NASB)

20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.

jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 08:57 PM

The Hatred that I mean is the reports of homosexuals being killed in other countries by so-called Christians. Also some of the hateful remarks I have heard from some so-called Christians. It was just mainly a example, the main topic I was bringing up was hatred its self. Mainly wanted a discussion on that in it's self, Hatred, hence the title of my post.

jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
Hatred
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 09:03 PM

BTW awesome scripture links, thank you!

Page : 1 2