Author Thread: A favorite preacher says debating is healthy because it promotes understanding and guards against superficial differences
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
A favorite preacher says debating is healthy because it promotes understanding and guards against superficial differences
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 06:13 AM

But these days, some people detest the idea of debating.

But everyone debates‼️‼️

Even those who INSIST we shouldn’t debate IS a debate‼️‼️

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
A favorite preacher says debating is healthy because it promotes understanding and guards against superficial differences
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 02:35 PM

I don't think he has been on this site.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 05:34 PM

😀😇 Probably not😙

She’s still my friend even though she disagreed with my debating.

She said I shouldn’t debate, just love people and they will turn the right way. (Shes not the only one who holds that view).

But it seems Jesus engaged several debates.

So I asked my lady friend: you say debating in wrong but you just now found the idea of debating useful for the purpose of debating against the usefulness of debating‼️‼️

Her response: she said goodbye and hung up on me.

Yes, we’re still friends and we still share gentle conversations.

I’ve changed her mind on a few things already. She eventually comes around.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 07:11 PM

I wish marriages were as healthy as debating.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 07:13 PM

Yes, Jesus was a good debater, except when he chose to be the silent lamb.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 07:15 PM

Hopefully, you changed your friend's mind the right direction. As humans, we go from right to wrong and wrong to right as in the words of a Sly Stone song, "I can be right and I can be wrong."

Iamnowhere

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2024 07:31 PM

One may promote peace,one may promote understanding,if the overstander takes the foot off the neck of the understood,once again promote peace.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2024 07:00 AM

One may promote peace,one may promote understanding,if the overstander takes the foot off the neck of the understood,once again promote peace.

Riddle solved‼️

The “one” promoting peace is the peace officer.

The “one” promoting understanding is the judge.

The “overstander” is found to be the Good Samaritan who rescues a little Miss Understood by removing Miss Understood’s own foot from off her neck‼️

Nevertheless, the question remains. Did little Miss Understood’s foot miss her mouth by landing on her neck instead ⁉️