Author Thread: Poor in Spirit?
Admin

Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 07:38 AM

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for their's is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3

What does poor in spirit mean?

:prayingf:

View Profile
History
Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 11:48 AM

@ Everyone:

Hello everyone,I hope those on this site had a Blessed and safe weekend.

The following Scriptures blow apart the Health and Wealthers theory,that YHWH wants every believer in Yeshua,to be healthy,wealthy and no problems.

For all purposes H&W is for Healthers and wealthers.

Mat 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

Mat 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The Greek word for 'POOR' here is the Word 'ptochos'

and the definition is:

Greek 4434

πτωχός

ptōchos

pto-khos'

From πτώσσω ptōssō (to crouch; akin to G4422 and the alternate of G4098); a beggar (as cringing), that is, pauper (strictly denoting absolute or public mendicancy, although also used in a qualified or relative sense; whereas G3993 properly means only straitened circumstances in private), literally (often as noun) or figuratively (distressed): - beggar (-ly), poor.

This says that before GOD Almighty we simply are beggars,and He is our benevolant benefactor.

Job 1:21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

Naked we come into this life,and we leave the same way,maybe a suit and tie,hahahahaha.

Beggars cannot demand anything of the LORD,such as the H&W crowd d,along with the Pentecostals,and the Charismatics.

I claim this in Jesus name!

Beggars know that they need someone else to provide what they need each day.

Beggars have no voice,position,or authority within any society.

Beggars are looked down upon by most people.

Beggars cannot be choosy with what they recieve from others.

Yeshua loves the beggars!

1Sa 2:8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

View Profile
History
Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 12:41 PM

If one is proud in spirit, they have no need of God, so blessed are the poor in spirit because they recognize their need for God and He satisfies them.

View Profile
History
Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 12:47 PM

Thank you both.

God Bless,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 05:22 PM

Is it not interesting to compare oneself to a beggar when the word said his would never be begging for bread.

Then of course the word also say the children of God are also of a royal family, royal heritage.

Yes Jesus loves the beggars, but when the come to him they are no longer beggars.

When one speaks as

George did in his response that is a great example of the opposite of one poor in Spirit. or one in opposition to the truth.

View Profile
History
Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 08:11 PM

@ PJ:

Young man,you need to learn a few basic principles for rightly dividing the Word of YHWH.

Also do yourself and everyone else here a favor,invest in Biblical software such as concordances,bible dictionary and lexicons.

St.George

Blessed are the BEGGARDLY in spirit for their is the kingship of GOD.

I will elebaorate on this later after i return from work.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 08:47 PM

2sparrow summed it up :)

View Profile
History
Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 08:50 PM

GEORGE IT WOULD BE GOOD TO CHECK IN WITH ENOCH!

View Profile
History
Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 11:03 AM

@ PJ:

Young man,i cannot talk with Enoch.

Gen 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

I can be sooo ridiculous when tired.hahahahahahahahahaha

View Profile
History
Poor in Spirit?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 02:53 PM

I am well aware of what happened with Enoch that is why I said to check in with him.