Author Thread: Tis the Season
Admin

Tis the Season
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 12:12 PM

Should we celebrate the day we call Christmas as the birth of Christ?

Should we use decorations for the birth of Christ?

Some on this forum says no we shouldn't.

As Christians, should we condemn them or they condemn us for our traditional day for the birth of Christ?

It's all about choice or free will as far as I am concerned!

Is it a sin to cover up a pagan holiday 100's of years ago?

Merry Christmas

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 12:36 PM

Yes

Are you talking about a Christmas tree?

No

Cover it up----- How?

Merry Christmas to you too.

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 12:43 PM

Is it a sin to celebrate Christmas and have a Christmas tree, some on this forum claims it covers up a pagan holiday 100's of years ago? We celebrate the birth of Christ at Christmas, I care less about nothing else!:party:

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 12:51 PM

I don't think it's a sin.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 01:04 PM

while I dont believe it's sin, I dont know if God is happy about the way it has gotten watered down over time and the gifts have become more important. It reminds me of this scripture.

1 Cor 10:23

Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.

BUT

I get a tree, I decorate our house, we buy gifts for our friends and family, I do alot of cooking. I love Christmas...I think mostly because I love to give :) I even share a brief bible study with my kids before we open gifts and we openly share about what He has done in our lives.

It is the day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus, without Him, where would any of us be????

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 01:36 PM

I understand what your saying Ncwestie,but it's still wrong that most of the time people only think of our Lord & Savior or twice (or three as you most of my dear American brothers & sisters) a year (e.g:going to church,talking about the Birth of Jesus ONLY in DECEMBER! & only look at their Bibles once a year)! Also,as i've said in a post earlier about Christmas,most Churches are taliking about Santa (satan) in the church! I also hate that the world (the people of course) replace CHRIST in CHRISTmas with an X!

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 03:04 PM

@ everyone:

Hello and happy winter soltice(I might have speeled this wrong,but who cares)

Let us look at the birth of Yeshua according to the record of Luke.

Then lets break this down.

Luk 2:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

Luk 2:2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

Luk 2:3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

Luk 2:4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)

Luk 2:5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

Luk 2:6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

Luk 2:7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luk 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

Do we have these tax records.

When was Cyrenius governor of Syria.

Shepherds out in the fields at night,it gets kind of chilly in Isreal during the winter.

Could the Christians worldwide be mistaken about the time of the birth of Yeshua.

Also is there even one Scripture which says that we are to be celebrating Yeshua's birth.

We are to proclaim His death.

When we break bread in rememberance of Yeshua ,are we not proclaiming His death until He returns.

The word rememberance in the Greek language is :

Greek364

ἀνάμνησις

anamnēsis

an-am'-nay-sis

From G363; recollection: - remembrance (again).

This says to have a memorial meeting where the people talk about and proclaim who Yeshua is to them..

I believe the enemy of Yeshua has brought in teachings that cannot be found in Scrioture.

Let us search the Word and be diligent to observe that which is written therein.

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

ps:

Do not people hang things from the trees in their homes.

Gal 3:13 Christ did redeem us from the curse of the law, having become for us a curse, for it hath been written, `Cursed is every one who is hanging on a tree,'

Just some thought.

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 04:36 PM

Nobody should see his own good but the good of others ~ 1 corinthians 10:24

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God ~ 1 corinthians 10:31

In light of scripture if you can best glorify God by celebrating christmas then you should do so. If you can best glorify God by not celebrating christmas then you should do so

Simple...huh?

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 05:51 PM

I consider this, Jesus came to this earth to Tabernacle with us and He will return to tabernacle with us for eternity. Therefore it makes sense that he was born during Tabernacles in the late summer/early fall.

I don't celebrate the birth of Christ at Christmas at all. I like the decorations and the colors of all the lights and it cheers up winter which I find a very dismal time. I like to use this Season to give gifts to those I love and to reach out to the needy, as was the tradition of Saint Nicholas, and I celebrate the light, life and love Jesus has given to me by giving it to others.

Thunder (the other reindeer)

SilverFire

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 04:55 AM

There will always be those joyless souls who want to take down everything that is festive in life, seeing the world through a squinty, legalistic eye. Let them be. Me, I celebrate Christmas with joy in my heart because my God is greater than any pagan, especially dead ones.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Tis the Season
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 06:34 AM

Silver ..that pretty much sums it up