Author Thread: Crucifixion of Jesus
Admin

Crucifixion of Jesus
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 11:52 AM

Wow, remember the movie, "Passion of Christ?" And the scene that showed Jesus intense anguish caused during the crucifixion of an unimaginable brutality. I was looking at the medical aspect which can be viewed here:

On the Physical Death of Jesus Christ

Abstract

Jesus of Nazareth underwent Jewish and Roman trials, was flogged, and was sentenced to death by crucifixion. The scourging produced deep stripelike lacerations and appreciable blood loss, and it probably set the stage for hypovolemic shock, as evidenced by the fact that Jesus was too weakened to carry the crossbar (patibulum) to Golgotha. At the site of crucifixion, his wrists were nailed to the patibulum and, after the patibulum was lifted onto the upright post (stipes), his feet were nailed to the stipes. The major pathophysiologic effect of crucifixion was an interference with normal respirations. Accordingly, death resulted primarily from hypovolemic shock and exhaustion asphyxia. Jesus' death was ensured by the thrust of a soldier's spear into his side. Modern medical interpretation of the historical evidence indicates that Jesus was dead when taken down from the cross.

(JAMA 1986;255:1455-1463)

The Journal of the American Medical Association

(On the Physical Death of Jesus Christ)

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/255/11/1455

http://brainshavings.com/on-the-physical-death-of-jesus-christ.html

Im thankful im saved and my sin are washed away by his precious blood. What does Jesus' crucifixion means to you in your daily walk with God?

View Profile
History
Crucifixion of Jesus
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 12:09 PM

EVERYTHING!:yay: THANK YOU,LORD JESUS!:applause:

Deborah

View Profile
History
Crucifixion of Jesus
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 03:36 PM

It reminds me to live my life in a sacrificial way. We are to take up our cross daily and follow Him. It's interesting that when He called the first twelve disciples he said, "Follow Me." He made it clear that it wasn't enough to be His follower. Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Now you had to imitate His life to the point of taking up your own cross, making daily sacrifices, and recognize that He alone is the Master, our Raboni to serve and learn from.

You say you believe in Jesus , but even the Devil believes in Jesus. BUT, the devil will never take up his cross.

Thunder, the unknown reindeer

View Profile
History
Crucifixion of Jesus
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 07:40 AM

I agree, Thunder.

And the good news is He's not on that cross anymore. He's ALIVE, and following Him on a daily basis isn't a hard thing to do. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

I haven't given up anything; I have gained EVERYTHING.

Because of His crucifixion, I am a New Creature. I look forward to waking up each day, just to find out what He has planned for me.

Joy Unspeakeble :yay:

Deborah

View Profile
History
Crucifixion of Jesus
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 08:09 PM

To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, LEAVING YOU AN EXAMPLE, that you should follow in his steps. (1 Peter 2:21), No matter what the situation, problem or circumstance Jesus is our example. Because Jesus saves, delivers, heals us from the bondage and addictions of sin. Therefore, I urge, brothers (sisters), in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. (Romans 12:1).