Author Thread: Kneeling
DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 04:51 PM

Just had a question about how many denominations kneel during their church service and how much? My church kneels during prayer, but that's about it.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 11:46 AM

If one is not kneeling in their spirit it is no kneeling at all; we worship in spirit.....

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 12:41 PM

I agree.

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 04:31 PM

O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.

Psalm 95:6

Love You All,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 07:41 PM

Selah, love back at ya. :purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 02:24 PM

Every church I have attended that had an alter call we could kneel if we wanted too.

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 07:54 PM

Kneeling is the Ultimate posture of Submission and Surrender (short of prostrating oneself). In the Catholic Church we genuflect and kneel to indicate, by bodily attitude, a total submission of our Minds and Hearts to the true Presence of Christ. It is an exterior manifestation of the Reverence inspired by His Presence.

To kneel before a Priest would be Sacrilegious. To kneel at home in private before your God is appropriate as it is to kneel also as a community of Believers �before God�.

My ex-wife was a Protestant. We let The Holy Spirit decide whether she would convert to Catholicism. I learned a lot from her. She taught me how to pray with my Heart. We found a Spanish Catholic Church that because it was Spanish was allowed some leeway in The Rubrics of The Mass (how The Mass was presented).

The Mass was much more �theatrical� (lighting�music�Praise and Worship Team) and it took me a while to get used to it. We had contemporary Christian music for an hour before Mass and I learned to �Sing my Prayers�. Father would on occasion �speak on tongues� and there were times where some of the members would be �slain in the Spirit�.

I have to admit that it was a much more �emotional� experience than what I was used to and can understand the �draw� that my Protestant Brothers and Sisters have in their form of Worship.

I�ve gotten away from the subject of this thread, but I just wanted to get that out.

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 12:01 PM

I'm Christian Reformed, and mine doesn't. We share a building with Methodists, and they don't, either. Nor did the Southern Baptist or Conservative Baptist churches I've been a member of. My personal view is that kneeling inwardly is far more important than kneeling outwardly. :winksmile:

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 16 Dec, 2010 05:23 AM

I attend a pentecostal church. We have a set time when people can either come the front and kneel at the altar or pray/kneel at their seat.

View Profile
History
Kneeling
Posted : 16 Dec, 2010 07:07 PM

At my church, which is a Baptist church...We kneel during the opening prayer of the worship service. It is the most amazing thing to look around the sactuary and see husbands and wives kneeling together with their children.

2Chron. 7:14 says:

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (KJV)

The definition of Humble is:

having or showing a consciousness of one's defects or shortcomings; not proud; not self-assertive; modest; low in condition, rank, or position; lowly; unpretentious, low to the ground.

What an awesome way to worship our Lord!! and as the saying goes... "God answers Knee-mail!!"

:prayingm:

Sometimes I know I have gotten so caught up in getting to church and taking care of some responsiblities, that we forget why we are really there. We are there to WORSHIP!! And we never stand any taller than when we are on our knees!

God Bless each one of you!!

Page : 1 2