Author Thread: Christianity test
Admin

Christianity test
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 03:19 AM

Ok, I have heard it said several times that there are a lot of non-Christians on this site because there is no test to see if someone is a Christian or not. So, if there was a test, what non yes or no questions would you ask to check if someone was saved?

For example:

Why do you think that you are a Christian?

A. My family has always been Christians, and I have try to live a good life.

B. We are all God�s creatures, and God loves us all.

C. Because even though I am a sinner, God died on the cross and arose again to pay the price for my sins.

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 03:40 PM

I'm not saying that I want to live in a perfect world. I'm saying that the Bible (including Matthew 18) should be followed. Yes, we all make mistakes. I'm not saying that everyone who makes a mistake should be banned (there'd be nobody here!). What I'm saying is that those who do not repent and do the same kind of stuff over-and-over again need to be kicked off. The woman who called me a "b*tch" has been repeatedly hostile and rude to me. It wasn't just a one-time thing. I've reported her over-and-over again and have included multiple examples of her behaviour in my reports. There are 2 other people on here who I've reported repeatedly, including multiple examples as well, and cross-referencing the specific parts of the terms of service that they're violated...

It's a huge misinterpretation of "dying to self" to say that we should sweep sin under the carpet and not deal with it Biblically.

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 04:01 PM

I hear you, pixy. The woman who tried to offend me has never apologized..."repented" ....although she has.."relented". Do I think she should be removed...no. Do I sweep sin under the carpet?...Haha.. you know me by now : ) My point is I think this forum is pretty self regulating. People usually come to the defense of others. Even I have come to your defense recently. But to use the Administration to censor and ban any more than they are would be quite frustrating ....just like some of the goofy words you can't use, so then I have to retype a entire post. When you have a admin run every thing, then the squeaky wheels rule and most people don't want that.

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 04:10 PM

Well, you can't create a place for everyone. I think there is room enough on this planet for a place where those who don't mind getting knocked around a bit, and there is a place for those who prefer a kindler gentler enviroment.

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 04:58 PM

Well, Matthew 18 instructs us to treat those who don't repent as nonbelievers. So, if the object here is to weed out those who aren't truly Christians, then people would be getting banned right and left on here.

Okay, back to studying.

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 05:15 PM

Repent according to who? ....Would be the question. I don't know about you but I figure there are plenty of unrepentant places in me that God hasn't got to yet. As for nonchristians on this site....I welcome them, so I can share the truth, confront heresies and practice love, understanding and forgiveness.

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 05:33 PM

Repent according to the Bible's definition of repentance... which should be another question on the test!

I understand what you're saying TwoSparrows, but it simply isn't Biblical. This is supposedly a dating site for Christians. It ought to be (though it clearly isn't) a place for believers -- a part of the church. There is no place for nonbelievers in that. Christians should absolutely love nonbelievers and share their faith with them, but there is a big difference between doing that and inviting them into fellowship and worship with believers. Since the admins. on this site are obviously okay with nonchristians being present and passing themselves off as Christians, they might as well just advertise this as a secular dating site. There's not much here to set it apart from a secular site.

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 05:58 PM

Pixy,

"Since the admins. on this site are obviously okay with nonchristians being present and passing themselves off as Christians, they might as well just advertise this as a secular dating site. There's not much here to set it apart from a secular site."

Sad...but TRUE! Although I find it very difficult to walk away and let them have it. Just one year ago it was quite different, but even then I felt the "shift".

Oh...well...this is what we are Called to do!

MargoSolo

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 06:47 PM

The Bible does actually address the question of whether someone is a Christian or not. It is found in the book of 1 John. John wrote it to believers, because some were doubting their salvation. It is by no means saying that �works� is the means to salvation, but it does outline a list of principles as a �litmus� test to see whether you (or anyone else) is bearing the fruit that comes with salvation and repentance. As Christians, we should be examining our lives against these principles within ourselves. I think there can be some cause to question (not to judge) in another person claiming to be a Christian if we are not seeing any of these qualities. I�m not saying someone is definitely not a Christian if we aren�t seeing any of these in their lives, (they may not be showing any growth YET), but I think it can be a great cause of concern, guidance and prayer for them. And great questions to ask profiles that email you here, by the way.

1) Have you enjoyed fellowship with Christ and the Father? �We have seen and bear witness and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us � what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, that you also may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. � 1 John 2-3

2) Are you sensitive to sin? �If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth� 1 John 6

3) Do you obey God�s word? �By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.� 1 John 2:3

4) Do you reject this evil world? �Do not love the world, nor the thins in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.� 1 John 2:15

5) Do you eagerly await Christ�s return? �Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be. We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is. And everyon who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.� 1 John 3:2-3

6) Do you see a decreasing pattern of sin in your life? �By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God� 1 John 10

7) Do you love other Christians? �The one who says he is in the light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now. The one who loves his brother abides in the light and there is no cause for stumbling in him. But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.� 1 John 2: 9-11

8) Do you experience answered prayer? Whatever we ask of God �we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight� 1 John 3:22

9) Do you experience the ministry of the Holy Spirit? �By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.� 1 John 4:3

10) Can you discern between spiritual Truth and Error? �Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God.� � 1 John 4:1-3

11) Have you suffered rejection because of your faith? �Do not marvel, brethren, if the world hates you� 1 John 3:13. Cain hated Abel and murdered him. Why did Cain do that? �Because his deeds were evil, and his brother�s were righteous� � 1 John 3:13.

We are all on varying degrees in answering affirmatively to these questions. Again, this is not about working towards salvation. Christ already did that for us on the cross. It is about assurance of that salvation and I believe great questions to ask of oneself and certainly in a dating situation.

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 02:12 PM

GREAT post Margo! 1st John is the true test to know if you have eternal life!!

1 John 5:13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

View Profile
History
Christianity test
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 04:52 PM

This ought to work:

Aim a gun at a person's head, and give them the choice to deny Christ and live, or to die for their belief.

Page : 1 2 3