Author Thread: Words of encouragement
rfaith17

View Profile
History
Words of encouragement
Posted : 9 Aug, 2024 02:34 PM

I think this is for many people:

God's not done with you. For those who are sad, lonely, tired, angry, confused, disappointed, hurt, and discouraged. Here are verses to remind you no matter how bad things are, God is not done. Here is the great restorer, redeemer, healer and provider.

Philippians 1:6 ESV

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3:13-14 New Living Translation (NLT)

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Isaiah 43:18-19

“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

Ecclesiastes 3:11

He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Proverbs 4:25

Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you.

Prayer:

May our eyes look directly forward, and our gaze be straight before us, as we walk with Jesus. May we heal from the past and move forward focusing on the one that is the author and the finisher our faith. And, as he is making thing beautiful in its time, my those who who love God witness all things working together for their good, in Jesus name, Amen.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Words of encouragement
Posted : 9 Aug, 2024 04:02 PM

Lots of people could use those encouraging words.

Nevertheless, some might be suffering like Job and Peter at the hands of Satan by permission from God.

Jesus warned Peter that Satan wanted to might him but Jesus promised to pray for Peter to stand firm through that difficult trial.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Words of encouragement
Posted : 9 Aug, 2024 04:05 PM

Not “might” the word was supposed to be “have”. Sheeesh how spell check changed that to “might” is a reverse miracle 😂 LOL