Author Thread: What kind of person...
rbj66

View Profile
History
What kind of person...
Posted : 8 Jun, 2024 06:46 AM

...video calls you early in the morning and you pick up to see if they are okay, then they criticize you for not having your hair brushed?

...tells you they are worried about what their friends will think if they saw us together?

...sizes you up as a potential mate then nitpicks you for things they don't like when you say you'd accept them for their looks and challenging disposition when it's not what you envisioned?

Anything or anyone else have something to add?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
What kind of person...
Posted : 8 Jun, 2024 07:32 AM

I think people oftentimes have unrealistic expectations when dating for a mate. Everything they don't like about another person should be brought out asap, so they don't waste each others Time in meeting someone more compatible.

Imo

rbj66

View Profile
History
What kind of person...
Posted : 8 Jun, 2024 07:45 AM

Agree Moonlight

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
What kind of person...
Posted : 8 Jun, 2024 08:32 AM

I have never done video chat but have been asked.

I've had several dates by talking on phone after I felt comfortable enough to know the Man and I would meet in person.

I am more old school when it comes to technology updates like video chats.

I had one man give me a video camera yrs ago! Still in the box.haha

It's all about Choices people do what they feel like doing, just like in everything else.

Multiple paid sites give my opportunity to meet serious relationships.

My Widower man friend has no problem getting dates he's 66.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
What kind of person...
Posted : 8 Jun, 2024 08:38 PM

i successfully did video chat a couple of times, but more were the issues doing it and a few of the times I believe people showed pre-recorded footage of others then pretend to be the person in the video who was not responsive to anything I said. One goes from emailing a stranger to seeing video footage of a stranger who is not the same stranger you wrote.

I would happily video chat with people that are authentic.