Author Thread: Can true love conquer?
rbj66

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 03:56 PM

I had a "spirited" conversation (or two 🙄) last year with a woman who was a know it all about relationships. She thought research and a piece of paper made her wise. I countered with common sense and Biblical knowledge. I may post more, but can true love conquer all, or your differences (depending on the severity of course)? Any examples?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 04:04 PM

Yes love conquers all with Me. I like kindness and intelligence in any man . I don't like men who has no experience in dating a woman. It's obvious from a few conversations. There are many Nice older men online Paid only Dating sites. I would have to be, in love for Any serious relationship. I enjoy Dating to get to know Men .

:⁠-⁠)

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 06:32 PM

Men and women don't love for the same reasons. Women fall in love through their ears and Men fall in love through their eyes. But that's just the initial attraction. Women actually love opportunistically and men love idealistically.

Ask any man who's lost his job or gotten sick and was unable to bring in that paycheck how long his wife stuck around?

Then look at all then men who stay married to evil women and compare that to all the women that leave perfectly good men at the drop of a hat.

The real question that needs to be asked is: Does true Godly love between couples still exist? It should but it's no longer taught at most Church's. Oh they may speak the words, but then allow couples (mostly women) to divorce rather than shaming them for the bad behavior.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 06:34 PM

That’s right rbj, know-it-alls are very annoying especially to those of us who DO know it all‼️‼️😎😂🤣😇

I said that to one of my lady friends but she got annoyed at me. I was just joking around but I think she must have thought I was serious. Maybe she thought I was the original know it all. 🤓

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 06:42 PM

You’re right about love conquering all.

1 Corinthians 13

Berean Standard Bible

Love

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body,a but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. 6Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. 12Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 06:48 PM

Ask a Girl..... Topic

:)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 07:31 PM

You’re right moonlight ‼️‼️

Whoops‼️🫢😨

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 07:34 PM

Sorry rbj, I read your thread title and forgot about it being on the “Ask a Girl” forum‼️‼️

Embarrassing

rbj66

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 08:39 PM

Dude, I thought it was going to be general, not here. I can post it somewhere else. But men come here to "ask a girl", don't they?

rbj66

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 08:42 PM

Had a bad history with women, Handyman? So have i, but they aren't all evil.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 14 May, 2024 09:20 AM

Rbj66 I've had both good and bad. I dated a lot before my 28 year marriage and dated a lot after my divorce. I took my experiences and coupled it with a good amount of research on male and female behavior. What I was able to do was piece together my experiences and the experiences of others to paint what I consider to be a fairly accurate picture of the failures in relationships and why.

I want to make this clear. Although my focus is mainly about what women are doing, I blame men for the start of it by giving women rights that God didn't intend for them to have. I'm also not saying that all women are bad, but all women share the same general feminine traits just as men share masculine traits.

Women now have all the dating and divorce power and the majority of them are using that power in such a poor manner and in doing so are causeing of many problems. Men are playing catch up with them and in doing so they themselves are contributing to some the problems mainly because they are tolerating far to much from women.

For the record I don't consider myself an expert but one who is very well informed.

Page : 1 2